Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake
Tis the Season to go Pumpkin! Ditch that Pumpkin Pie latte and replace it with this nutrient dense recipe. It taste like pumpkin pie in a glass! At 200 calories, it can serve as a light liquid breakfast, a post-workout shake or an energy-boosting ‘snack. Pumpkin is loaded with beta carotene, fiber and zinc that can boost your immunity through the seasons. Doc Peters and I use this as shake part of our breakfast. We also add in 2 eggs over easy ( from our generous hens) and 1 cup of sauteed vegetables.
This well balanced combo of protein, fats and healthy carbs offers steady energy for hours and optimal support for your hormone and metabolic health. Enjoy!
- ½ C. Trader Joe’s unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 C. Trader Joe’s canned pumpkin
- 1-2 tsp Trader Joe’s pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop Energy First Vanilla Protein Powder– (This is the best tasting, best mixing, cleanest ingredients we recommend!)
- 2 tsp of Trader Joe’s Chia seeds for additional fiber and healthy fats
- 1 C. cold water
- a few ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender – add more liquid, spices or ice to your desired taste and consistency. Enjoy!
Calories -200/ Protein-24 grams/Carbohydrates-10.5 grams/Fat-6 grams